In this report, we explore two main domains where blockchain is already used to solve current, real life issues:
- Traceability: agri-food, fashion, drugs and luxury goods producers and retailers are working to reassure their customers about the authenticity, provenance, preservation and quality of their products.
- Loyalty programs: merchants along with payment companies, marketplaces, etc. are trying to give their customers more flexibility, fluidity and choice in the way they can redeem the loyalty points they get with their purchases.
- A brief definition of blockchain
- A delicate choice for the industry: private, public and consortium blockchains
The Value of Blockchain in the Retail Industry
- Marketing, optimization and new business models make it relevant
- Blockchain is not a panacea, nor a goose laying golden eggs
Relevant, Mature Use Cases
- Supply-chain optimization and transparency
- Loyalty programs and payment capabilities
- Recommendations for IT providers
- Recommendations for IT users