In order to provide guidance in the highly dynamic IT landscape, teknowlogy conducted the 2019 edition of its annual 'SITSI® CxO Investment Survey’, interviewing IT decision makers in user companies covering teknowlogy’s SITSI core markets to get their views on current IT trends, key requirements and investment plans.
This report presents and discusses the key results of the study for the topic of business application software (BAS) and related services.
The interviews were conducted with IT department managers and line of business managers who are involved in decisions concerning (local) IT budgets, IT investments or IT sourcing. The survey sample comprised different sized companies from all industries.
- Management summary and key findings
Business & IT Challenges at a Glance
- Business challenges
- IT challenges
- IT spending and projects
In-Depth Analysis BAS: Use of application platforms, Investments and innovation Awareness
- Use of application platforms
- Deployment model of application platforms
- Modernization approach regarding application platforms
- Statements on business application strategy
- Development of investments in application platforms
- Planned investments to enhance the business applications
This report is accompanied by the Excel document “CxO Survey - Investment Priorities - Business Application Software and Related Services - Detailed Datamart - Worldwide”, which contains the detailed findings from the survey for BAS and related services, broken down by country and region, position of respondent, company size, and vertical sector.