Objectives of the report:
- Help understand organizational ambidexterity as a key requirement in the digital transformation process and objectivize controversial discussions related to the effectiveness of digital change.
- Clarify different ambidexterity approaches and related challenges – and thus provide a framework for a differentiated and structured discussion on digital transformation strategies.
- Point out key action fields for cultural change and ways to approach contextual ambidexterity.
- See what is behind the “agile hype” and identify the essentials for realizing agile methods.
- Scrutinize the expectations concerning CDO (Chief Digital Officer) assignments against the background of key requirements to drive digital change.
- Discuss requirements for workspace modernization in order to establish new workstyles and improve employee experience in an effective way.
- Management summary
Explore & Exploit: the Ambidexterity Challenge
Key Issues of Digital Innovation Reviewed
- Agility versus Taylorism: the implementation of agile methods revisited
- "All-singing, all-dancing conveyor" or “toothless tiger”: the role of the “Chief Digital Officer”
- Employee experience in the focus: scope and strategies of workspace modernization
- Recommendations for IT buyer companies
- Recommendations for IT solution vendors