Objectives of the report:
- Discuss challenges and needs with regard to design, operation and support of workplace environments in the digital age.
- Present an update on the latest trends and developments around workplace management and transformation.
- Identify and analyze paradigm changes required for the realization of the “Digital Workplace” as a holistic design and service concept.
- Discuss key issues related to the implementation of new digital workplace concepts for design, operation and support as well as the provisioning of workplace equipment and mobile integration.
- Identify the impacts of these change processes for IT software and service providers.
- Management summary
- PAC’s opinion
- PAC’s recommendations
Introduction: The need for Digital Workplace Transformation
- Workplace transformation needs to be part of the digital transformation agenda
- Today’s workplaces are optimized for industrial work, not for knowledge work
- Balancing act for IT decision makers: Paradigm shift required
- Provider landscape in a disruptive phase
Paradigm Shifts in Digital Workplace Strategies
- Design: Supporting collaboration and communication first in a natural way
- Operating model: Centralized & cloud-based
- Provisioning: Role-based rather than one size fits all
- End user support: Between self-service portals and café bars
- Mobility management: Integrated approaches instead of additional silos
- Decision making and collaboration: Workplace management requires team play
- Software manufacturers: Rivalry in the cloud
- Workplace management services: From a commodity to a transformational outsourcing discipline