PAC has evaluated the providers of open digital platforms for the industrial world in Europe in seven segments dedicated to specific use cases:
- Open digital platforms for cloud-centric industrial IoT
- Open digital platforms for edge-centric industrial IoT
- Open digital platforms for edge cloud-centric industrial IoT
- Open digital platforms for open source-based industrial IoT
- Open digital platforms for IoT data exchange & monetization
- Open digital platforms for connected workers (AR)
- Open digital platforms for 3D printing services
We are in a good position today to learn some valuable lessons from the first wave of digital factory projects in the market: there is a need for an agile DevOps approach to manage the digital factory as efficiently as possible. Dedicated platforms can help provide all these capabilities in an efficient and integrated way.
Moreover, COVID-19 has triggered a shift in mindset in factory automation. In addition to production efficiency, agility is becoming much more relevant. This will lead to more investments into agility-enabling technologies such as IoT (internet of things), AI (artificial intelligence), robotics, edge computing, AR (augmented reality), and 5G.
The PAC RADAR is a tool for the holistic evaluation and visual positioning of leading software and ICT service providers on local markets.
With the help of predefined criteria, PAC evaluates and compares providers’ strategies, development, and market position in addition to performance and competencies within specific market segments.