Objectives of the report:
- To provide an introduction to quantum computing
- To provide an overview of the quantum problem in respect to encryption, i.e. that some of the most often used encryption methods will easily be decrypted by a quantum computer.
- To provide an overview of the major encryption algorithms discussed currently for being quantum-resilient encryption
- Management summary
- teknowlogy’s opinion
- teknowlogy’s recommendations
- What is a quantum computer?
- Quantum supremacy
- The quantum value chains
- Use cases & business models for quantum computing
- The post-quantum challenges, and can vendors claim to be quantum-resilient when it comes to encryption?
Overview of currently discussed algorithms
- NTRU (merger of NTRUEncrypt and NTRU-HRSS-KEM)
- NTRU Prime
- Round5 (merger of HILA5 and Round2)
- Three Bears
- Classic McEliece
- LEDAcrypt (merger of LEDAkem and LEDApkc)
- Rollo (merger of LAKE, LOCKER, and Ouroboros-R)