The top 10 IT trends for 2020 (7) – Trend 6: AI-empowered business applications
Do you remember ERP’s promises? The goal was to gather all the relevant information in one place in order to make fast and well-informed decisions. As it turned out, ERP and business applications helped companies by providing a structure, sometimes even by imposing processes. However, on the business intelligence side, companies had to spend millions on technologies and expertise with no guarantees of any results, as not all regular employees are data-savvy.
This is where AI-empowered business applications come into play, which are able to empower employees with relevant information in order to improve efficiency. These applications leverage data and machine-learning algorithms to provide not only contextual insights but also recommendations and what-if scenarios.
teknowlogy | PAC believes that cloud-based application software providers will go even further by leveraging all their customers’ data to provide both anonymized data sets and preconfigured algorithms to run benchmarks, accelerate calculations, and enhance business processes. In order to do so, vendors will need to get their customers’ agreement on specific terms and conditions. Only by agreeing to share their data, customers will enjoy the full benefits of AI-empowered applications.
The top 10 IT trends, which we believe will have the greatest impact in 2020:
- Platform-based industrial value networks will spread
- Edge and 5G enable real-time IT locations
- IT/OT integration leads to OT data platforms
- Enterprise applications move into the public cloud
- Next-gen app platforms embrace digital innovations
- AI-empowered business applications
- RPA and automation on the edge of AI
- Cloud-based services revolutionize application development and deployment
- Managed security services accompany the digital change
- Agile and DevOps boost flexibility