Objectives of the report:
- Providers of IoT platforms need to understand how the competitive landscape is currently changing and how this change will impact them.
- This report tells IoT users what kind of IoT platform is the best option for a specific set of use cases.
- This report forms the basis for the upcoming RADAR series on IoT platforms, in which PAC will benchmark IoT platforms across different categories. (These RADAR reports including provider evaluations will be available from Aug/Sep 2018.)
- Management summary
- PAC’s opinion
- PAC’s recommendations
The World of IoT Platforms is Changing
- Basic segmentation of IoT offerings
- General definition of IoT platforms
- Horizontal IoT platforms are well established
- Vertical IoT platforms are newly emerging
Impact on the Existing Vendor Landscape
- Surviving the shake-out in horizontal IoT platforms
- Explosion and consolidation of vertical IoT platforms